LCI BCNFFF 2018 Bases
The LCI Barcelona Fashion Film Festival team, established in Barcelona, opens the following contest and begins the admission period for original pieces(fashion films) from the 26th of March of 2018 until the 29th of Juny of 2018, both included.
The contest is addressed to new talent in the fashion, audiovisual and advertising industries. Everyone intending to participate must send their entries through the subscription form in the festival website, accordingly to the rules described in the following paragraphs.
- All participants must be of legal age (18 y.o.) and can be of any nationality and citizenship status.
- All individuals wanting to participate must send their entries through the subscription form in the festival website with the following documents attached:
- a) Link to the fashion film on Vimeo.
- b) Two screenshots from the fashion film, in high quality, to be used as promotional tools.
- c) The complete sign up form, which must include the full credits of the piece, a synopsis and the awards that it is competing for.
- The cost of the entry is of 5€ and will be made by credit card using Stripe.
- Entries must be between sixty seconds and ten minutes long. Also, if the piece includes dialogues, they will have to have English or Spanish subtitles.
- To be considered as a NEW TALENT category, the fashion film must meet the following requirements:
- The fashion film must have a production cost of under 3000€.
- The technical crew or brand must have less than 5 years of experience in the sector.
- The festival will only accept films made from 2015 onwards as entries.
- Fashion films depicting pornographic content or hate messages of any kind will be discarded immediately. Entries cannot violate any laws or break copyright and/or privacy rights (These include musical pieces without license of use).
- Winners will be contacted via email and announced in the official webpage. They will be chosen by the official jury and commision using plurality vote.
- The contestants are required to cede their exhibition, exploitation and public communication rights for the pieces to the festival’s organizing team, so that they can be used for promotional purposes.
- Winners will have reserved seats in the final event and two invitations.
- The period for comments and claims ends 90 days after the final gala.
- In the event of a conflict between the team members of one of the entries or a violation of privacy rights or copyrights, the festival will not be held responsible for it.
- The commission will select five finalists for each category. Winning one of the categories does not disqualify the project for the other awards, which means that one fashion film is allowed to win more than one category.
- The awards that the contestants can aim for are: Best Photography, Best Idea, Best Fashion, Best Art Direction and Best Fashion Film. Each award is divided into two categories: new talent and mature fashion films.
- Participating in the festival implies complete agreement with the terms and conditions previously exposed, as well as accepting the organising team’s criteria. The festival’s team reserves the right to amend these terms at any time.
- In the event that an entry would not comply with the terms and conditions, it will be automatically disqualified. also, the organising team reserves the right to leave a vacancy in any of the awards were the entries sent by the participants not good enough to make the initial cut or broke any of the terms previously
For any claims or questions about these terms, please send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org